Monday, July 26, 2010

Pag oil nd 8 is what viscosity? for toyota supra 1986?

I am converting a 1986 Toyota Supra to R 134a. I found online that it uses 4oz of pag oil nd 8. I have never seen this. I have seen viscosity 46, 100, 150. I am assuming a pag oil 100 would work. But dose nd8 mean viscosity 80?





What is the viscosity I should use?Pag oil nd 8 is what viscosity? for toyota supra 1986?
I would recommend the 100 weight. The nd 8 is just a Toyota name. You'll be just fine with the 100, it's what I use for all ac work at the shop.Pag oil nd 8 is what viscosity? for toyota supra 1986?
Viscosity is just another word for 'how liquid something is'. The more viscous an oil or other substance is, the more it will act like water (thin and runny). On the other extreme, something that has a low viscosity is a rock. Or your engine. Doesn't act very much like water. Can't get a rock to flow out of a cup.... you get the picture. The reason an oil needs to be the right viscosity, is so that it doesn't run too thin for your application (and thus not providing enough protection) or too thick to move easily through your engine to provide protection (low viscosity). Every engine and oil delivery combo will differ, hence the different weights of oil. And Mtech is correct, the 100 will do just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment