Friday, July 23, 2010

Does anyone know viscosity limitations of a rotary vane pump? I planning to use one for hydraulic oil. Thanks!

I saw a drum pump, Tuthill Fill-Rite FR 300 series and wanted to know if this can be use to pump hydraulic oil or used oil. If it can, does anyone know its viscosity limation for it? Since I remember rotary vane pumps are used for low viscosity fluids such as diesel or gasoline.





Have anyone tried to use a rotary vane pump such as Fill-rite in pumping hydraulic oil or used oil?





Thanks!Does anyone know viscosity limitations of a rotary vane pump? I planning to use one for hydraulic oil. Thanks!
Your best option to find out if your pump will pump hydraulic oil is to contact the manufacturer and see what your pump is designed to pump. I'm not sure this forum is the best place to get an answer to your question.

No comments:

Post a Comment