Monday, July 26, 2010

Can I swithch to a Synthetic oil in an 04 avalanche w/50k? What Viscosity?

Yes , synthetic is definitely the way to go , I have used Mobil 1 for the past several years and am greatly pleased


with in . Used in Chevrolet Silverado and Ford 500 .


I use Mobil 1 10w30 in my truck and 5w20 in the car


as are recommended by the manufacturer . Go to Mobil 1


.com and all your questions about synthetics will be answered..Can I swithch to a Synthetic oil in an 04 avalanche w/50k? What Viscosity?
yes the best is mobil 1 20/50Can I swithch to a Synthetic oil in an 04 avalanche w/50k? What Viscosity?
yes, same viscosity as is recommended in manual
Yes, same viscosity that your engine recommends.
Yes you can, that engine uses 5W-30.
Yep, I agree, with the other answer too. Same viscosity, and yes, you can use synthetic
I agree with one before me in the fact that why bother. Synthetic oil is very expensive and you will see no real benefit using it. I would only run synthetic if it was called for to cover the warranty.ie.. corvette. Save your money and use a good quality oil. But to answer your question yes you can switch.
yeah synthetic is also better for your engine in most cases
Why bother? Your oil changes are going to go up by 50 bucks and theres a chance that the motor will smoke if the cylinder walls are anywhere near glazed. Synthetic oil just lasts longer. Oil is oil, get the cheap slippery kind and change it more often if youre that worried about your engine.





I dont recommend synthetic oil in an engine unless it was started on synthetic oil. Go to the mobil 1 website for a bunch of reasons why the biggest corporation in america thinks you should use their overpriced lubricant.

No comments:

Post a Comment