Monday, July 26, 2010

Mixing Motor Oil Viscosities?

My car needs an oil change badly. Most of its motor oil has evaporated from sitting there for two months (I know how bad that is for Delco Batteries).


The problem is that I need to move it 67 miles away from its current location because we moved. I know it will make the trip. When I get there I plan to do a complete oil change.


I have two quarts of 5W-30 and one quart of 5W-20. Will it be safe to mix those two? The ride is only once, as soon as I get there I will change the oil and filter as I have the supplies there.


Can anyone help!? Please and Thanks!Mixing Motor Oil Viscosities?
Oil does not evaporate, you either have a leak or the car burns oil. Yes oil is safe to mix, you end up with a viscosity somewhere between the two you are mixing.Mixing Motor Oil Viscosities?
Motor oil inside a engine does not evaporate, it all leaked out.


Yes you can mix those two oil weights.

No comments:

Post a Comment